Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fairy tales

I'm writing a dissertation for my university class. My theme is about the original fairy tales and how Disney has chaged them through the years with their animated movies. It's a really interesting topic and yes I know it's not very original, a lot of people have written stuff about similar things. But I find it interesting and my tutor likes my theme so it's all good. The only problem is that the dissertation is only 4,000 words, and I have so much material that I could write a much longer dissertation. Maybe I'll just write another one to give my mind some peace and quiet. 

I have read through a lot of interesting topics on fairy tales and their meanings and the same with the Disney movies. I lot of them are quite interesting but in a few books I feel the author is really reading too much into things. Kind of Freud ideas and such. 

I also think I might have ruined Disney "princess" movies for me forever. I can't really "unsee" what I have researched and read about now. I mean, I already knew of some flaws in the movies but now there are quite a bit more I can't unsee. Still love the animation behind it though. But on the other hand, all this research has made me love Hans Christian Andersen even more. 

Not too long until I have to hand in a disseration summary so I really need to start tying the texts together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment