Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Art Projects for the new year!

2016 is soon coming to an end. Many people have mixed feeling about this year, and I agree - it's been a strange year - but thankfully with more good things than bad for me.

I have a few projects that I have had in mind or already started working on that I want to continue in the year 2017, and I plan to post sketches here and on my instagram.

Art Projects 2017

1. Sabriel
My main project is based on one of my favorite books, Sabriel by the Australian author Garth Nix. I am basing upon the world he has made in that book and the characters and might continue slowly to grow into his other books in the series like Lirael, Abhorsen and the recent Clariel.

This project is focusing on costume design, culture building and how to tell a story with costume of characters. I plan to go into details and with the help of my mentor, learn more about the best way of doing costume design and really dig deep into that aspect.


2, Stardust
The wonderful fairy tale by Neil Gaiman is another project that has shortly been launched by my "peer to peer" study group. We are a few friends through the Oatley Academy and decided to make a study group together. We all have the same prompt but will take different focus on it, for example: illustration, character design, visual development and so on.

I plan to also focus on costume design in this project but not to go as deeply into the cultural aspect and focus more on the characters as individuals. I want to explore more extreme and "unpractical" themes to test them in contrast to my Sabriel project. We will only keep this project going until middle of March and then revise it.

3. Unnamed Kidlit Idea
An idea for a children's book has been brewing in my head for the past year or so. I need to approach it with a firmer hand and push the idea further and see if it's worth pursuing further.

4. Draugadans
This is an old novel I wrote few years back. Thought my writing is not my strongest point I want to revisit this idea. I actually thing it might make a good comic, but I'm horrible with comics hah! However, either way, I want to take a better look at this manuscript and see if I can push the idea further and rewrite it.

...so hopefully I will be able to cut down on my procrastination.


No comments:

Post a Comment