Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

February Scrawlrbox Review

A few months ago I subscribed to this really cool thing called Scrawlrbox.
Scrawlrbox is a UK based art supply subscription and it's so much fun. One major good thing is that they ship all over! So people like me, that live in the middle of nowhere can also get fun mystery boxes! And they also send me things that aren't even sold in my country.

I always get my boxes a bit late in the month which is why I'm writing this February review in March...

So far I've been very happy with my boxes! They come in neat packaging, with fun art supplies, information slip, a postcard from an artists and a piece of candy! 

This time around, I got some really neat and handy art supplies. 

-Three Molotow Aqua Twin
-Molotow Masking Liquid Pen
-Koh-i-noor Modulez Aquarelle Pencil 
-Koh-i-noor Flat Brush 
-Molotow Aqua 180g/m Paper 

I just tried these great things out. I did a little ink sketch in my Moleskin sketchbook (not really the best paper for this) but it came out with great results! The Molotow Auqua Twins are really great, I think I'll buy more of them. They have two different tips, bright colours and when applied with water the colour runs smoothly around the paper. 

 The Koh-i-noor- pencils were very soft to use, have some great pigment, you need just a little bit of it to easily apply it with water. A little goes a long way! 

Also I had no idea they made masking liquid as pens, that is the greatest idea ever! It makes masking so much easier, and does not force you to ruin a brush with it. I will start to use masking liquid again. 

So all in all, I'm very happy with the February box. I look forward to the next one.  

Here is a little sketch I did with the pens and pencils: 




No comments:

Post a Comment